Thank you to everyone who entered our contest this past month! We had so many great submissions, so it was hard for us to turn down so many delicious recipes!
Our winner for the contest is Mulay’s Sausage for their Zoodles & Meatballs recipe!
Utilizing their meatballs (you can order them right off their site!) we’ve got the recipe for you below!
• 2 Packages of Mulay’s Italian Meatballs
• 4 Medium Zucchini OR 2 Large Zucchini
• 1 Large Onion, chopped
• 4 Cloves Garlic
• 2 28oz (Can) Crushed Tomatoes
• 3 Large Ripe Tomatoes, diced (save all juices)
• 1/2 – 1 Cup Water (Rinse Cans into Pot)
• 1 Tbsp Oregano, Basil, Parsley, 1 Bay Leaf, and Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, quickly brown onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and translucent. Remove from heat. (If you are using a pot and not a slow cooker this can be done in the pot.)
- In a large slow cooker or pot coated with non-stick spray, add meatballs, onions, garlic, tomatoes, water, and spices, stir until well combined.
- Cover and turn on high until sauce begins to bubble. Stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Let simmer on low at least one hour (up to 6 hrs) stirring occasion.
- While you are cooking the sauce prepare your zucchini noodles. To do this use a spiralizer or you can peel with a peeler. If using a peeler, remove the zucchini skin first.
- When the meatballs are cooked through and you are ready to eat, lightly coat a large skillet with olive oil. When hot, add the zoodles in small groups and lightly sauté for 1-2 minutes or drop into boiling water form 1 minute remove and pat dry if desired.